Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 13 August 2013

A child of bygone years



__________________________________________
When I cannot make
my world come true ,
then,
unto an untrue world I flee ;

Where
beyond the gates of yester-years,
I mingle with the names
that have long since disappeared :

The statesmen , soldiers , poets ,
The philosophers and the explorers,
The kings ,
and their Queens of rare charms ;

I discourse with them all
sharing their hopes and fears ;

When I dwell upon their glories,
this world around me
appears so distastefully dull,
this lonely life's labour sans love 
so utterly meaningless ;

That I wish
I were born
A child of bygone years.

----------------------

20  Mar 1959
__________________________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment