Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 18 August 2013

Without a purpose ( On a moving train )



__________________________________________
On a summer afternoon,
I look out of the window
of a moving train
and watch the white clouds
float in a deep blue sky -
without a purpose , I presume .

And then rest my eyes
on green fields
studded with tractors
and combines ;

Even an airplane
and numerous windmills,
tanning in the summer sun,
when the wind is vacationing .

As we ride fast,
swifter fly my thoughts,
for soon I am weary
of playing a fascinated child ;

So with half closed eyes,
I send the thoughts
probing the distant past ;

when one darts,
like a misguided missile,
or
better,
manouvered by wishful thinking ,
into the future,
to return to the present,
without a broken barrier,
( but all its ribs ! ),
when the train comes to a jolty stop .

------------------------

Missouri
23 July 1957

_________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment