Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 12 August 2013

I have no form



__________________________________________
Love !

Have I felt it ?

Once I was mad and still wise ,
now I am wise and still foolish !

For I act like a child
when
I should like a man ;
and vice-versa ;

If the dream comes early in the morning,
it should come true ;

but then , why does it not ?

I am fighting with myself,
again and again ;

I win and more often
I lose !

For I know not ,
who am I , and
who is myself  !

And that keeps the struggle going ;

Time passes ,
tick-tock , tick-tock ,
and sometimes even without that ,
silently , dreadfully , overwhelmingly  ;

Drowning me  - not the World  ;

The cheerful , gay world ;
It keeps going ,
along with the eternal Time ;

Unlike a fluttering dream
that's me ;

A music flows ,
On mountains and plains and rivers ,
in the woods ,
and in the ceaseless breaking of
the waves along the endless shore :

It fills the earth below ,
and the sky above ,
with the rhythm of the twinkling
stars ,
embracing the eternity :

I look at the yonder hills ,
to watch the setting Sun ,
the God of fire ,
sinking into the valley of
darkness ,

Vainly trying to light the dusk
with a glow that lasts not long.

My hopes sink too !

For , I am afraid of night,
just as I dread death ;

It leaves me alone ,
- all alone ,
into a realm unknown ,
-  of nothingness ,

where Time and Space
are but one ;
and I have no form ,
no speech , no sight , no sense ;

There is only,
an endless train of thoughts ,
mine , somebody's , everybody's ,
floating around ;

Coming out of nothingness ,
disappearing into nothingness ;

And my formless self,
rides one ,
and then another ,
but just for a moment ;

Which brings back to me ,
my form and speech and daylight  ;

Again everything is gone ,
but for the deep darkness
and the dreadful silence  !

---------------------------------

29 Mar 1956

__________________________________________









No comments:

Post a Comment